Have you ever wondered why swirling or interracial dating has gotten more and more in demand and accepted in many parts of the world? Did you ever see a white man dating black woman?
In the past, interracial marriages and dating was nothing but a dream, and even considered illegal. But, everything changed in 1967 when the Supreme Court ruled it legal to marry someone outside your own race. The United States reckons the laws against miscegenation as unconstitutional, and most states decided to make interracial marriages legal.
Based on studies, there has been a steady increase in the number of interracial marriages since the 1980s, the main reason of which is the high number of Asian and Hispanic immigrants that flooded the United States. Surveys also discovered a few interesting facts:
- 1 of 10 marriages in the United States is an interracial marriage.
- Black people, who happen to be mostly segregated, want to marry a white partner. The trend is becoming more and more common these days.
- Hispanics and Asians want to marry someone from a different race.
- There is a substantial rate of swirling among younger people, with 96 percent of all marriages being of couples who are 18 to 29 years old.
- Asian Americans have more chances of marrying people from a different ethnic background or race.
Reasons to Indulge in Swirling and Interracial Dating
There are a lot of reasons why it is no longer new to see a white man dating black woman, and these include the following:
- According to some people, even with the differences in color, people tend to be more attracted to the good behavior of a person they choose to marry.
- Black women are said to be beautiful, that is why there are white men who prefer to date them.
- The socio-economic environment plays a crucial role here as well. In general, women tend to be more attracted and interested in wealthy men.
- People in the United States are more open-minded compared to those in other countries. They are accepting of the thought of dating someone from a different race.
- The common interests between a man and a woman are good enough reason why swirling and interracial dating has gotten more popular.
If you will come to think of it, dating and marriage are between two individuals, and not between two races. A person chooses his or her partner because of love, and not because of the color of the skin.
This means that a person gets attracted to another person due to their similarities no matter what their races might be.
Being a black skinned woman shouldn’t make you feel inferior. Finding your ideal partner from the opposite race is definitely not a sin. People date then marry someone from a different race or color because of similarities and the hopes of making their life happier.
Indeed, there are a lot of reasons why interracial dating has gotten more popular. Even if your Mr. or Miss Right is different color, you need to be the right person to make the relationship work. Color is nothing but a superficial thing.